STIHL MS 461 Magnum chainsaw
STIHL MS 461 chainsaw
STIHL MS 461 powerful professional chainsaw 76.5cc 16" bar
MS 461 with 20" bar on sale NOw for $1,109.95!
Product must be picked up in-store.
STIHL MS 461 Powerful Professional Chainsaw 76.5cc 16" bar
This new STIHL MS 461 powerful professional chain saw is the successor to the MS 460 and is ideal for users in the forestry, agricultural and arborist markets. It features a low emission stratified charge engine with delayed stratified scavenging, reduced fuel consumption by up to 20%, improved air filtration with HD2 filter element, excellent straight line control and extremely low vibration levels. Experience the new generation of powerful, professional fuel efficient chain saws with reduced emissions from STIHL.
Stihl MS 461 Chainsaw Features Include:
- Anti vibration system - Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine's engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- Pre-separation air filtration system - Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
- Reduced emission engine technology - 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Decompression Valve - The decompression valve is part of the easy starting system. The valve should be pressed before starting to reduce the compression pressure when starting, as well as the effort needed to pull the starter rope. The decompression valve is semi-automatic; it must be pressed manually before starting, but then closes automatically.
- Tool Free filler caps - Special catches on the fuel and oil tanks for easy opening and locking without the need for tools
- Compensator - This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power.
- Ematic chain lubrication system - The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
- Side Chain Tensioner - The tensioning screw can be found on the side of chain saw through the sprocket cover. This removes the need for contact with the sharp saw chain.
- Single Lever Master Control - All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- STIHL Elasto Start - STIHL ElastoStart reduces the shock caused by the compression of the engine during starting. The compression shock is taken away from the user's joints and muscles through a spring or rubber element in the starter handle.
- Variable-displacement Oil Pump - The exact chain oil output can be adjusted manually for varying conditions, allowing for a reduction of up to 50%.
*Other bar lengths available include; 18", 20", 24", 28", 28" lightweight, 32" and 32" lightweight.
* Price shown is for unit with a 16" bar.
Find the STIHL MS 461 Magnum chainsaw with 16" bar at Kooy Brothers Equipment Ltd. located at 1919 Wilson Avenue in Toronto, Ontario.
Contact Us for more information.
*Price is subject to change without notice. Errors and omission exempted. Price shown is for unit with 16" bar length.