Jr. Sod Cutter - Briggs & Stratton
Jr. Sod Cutter Left Side
Jr. Sod Cutter Left Angle
Jr. Sod Cutter Back Left Angle
Jr. Sod Cutter Back Right Angle
Jr. Sod Cutter Front View
Jr. Sod Cutter Front Close-up
Ryan Sod Cutter 544952H 6.5 hp
The Ryan® 544952H Jr. Sod Cutter has been the gold standard in the golf, rental and commercial industries for more than 50 years.
The improved Jr. Sod Cutter sports a host of new features, including reduced hand/arm vibration, cut by a remarkable 75% for more comfortable operation. A new pneumatic rear castor wheel with lockout allows for cutting around curved landscape features or straight strips with unmatched precision.
- Good Balance, Easy Handling - Maximum traction and self-propelled action - 75% of the machine's weight rests on the cast iron drive wheel; knob tread for superior traction and stability.
- Choice of Sod Widths - Available in 18” cutting widths.
- 4 Vibration Isolators - Four elastomeric handle isolators absorb and isolate vibration transmitted through the transmission case.
Less Vibration - 75% LESS VIBRATION!
• Advanced Technology Vibration Isolation
• Vibration Dampening Handle Support
• 9" × 3-1/2" pneumatic rear caster wheel with lockout absorbs vibration and makes it easy to cut turf on curved landscapes
- Cast Iron Transmission Housing - Heavy-duty, built-to-last cast iron gearbox for durability and long-life for rental or commercial use.
- Powerful Engines - Available with a 4-cycle Briggs & Stratton® Vanguard™ engine.
- Drive Wheel Lever/Engagement - Unlike competitive models, you can run the drive wheel without the cutter blade engaged.
- Pneumatic Rear Caster Wheel with Lock-out - Pneumatic rear caster wheel reduces turf compaction, and contributes to vibration isolation. Allows operator to more easily maneuver and perform contour cutting. Can be locked in place for straight-line cutting.
- Depth Setting Adjustment - Cutting depth indicator is more accessible to the operator; indicates cutting depths up to 2.5 inches.
- Knife Cutting Action - Knife cutting action travels up to 2" fore and aft 20 times per second for consistent cutting with less vibration.
- Engine - 6.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Vanguard
- Clutch: Spring-loaded belt tightener
- Drive: V-belt engine to gear case; double roller chain to blade eccentric shaft; gears and roller chain to traction wheels; transmission has separate dog clutches to engage cutting blade and traction drive
- Lubrication: Oil splash in gear case
- Speed: Up to 135 ft./min. (41 m/min)
- Drive Wheel: (2) 8 in. (203 mm) diameter, knob-tread; rubber-vulcanized to cast-iron hubs
- Cutting Width: 18 in.
- Cutting Thickness: Adjustable to 2.5 in. (64 mm)
- Width: 25 in. (635 mm)
- Length: 53 in. (1,346 mm)
- Height: 40 in. (1,016 mm)
- Weight:373 lbs. (169 kg)
The Ryan Sod Cutter 544952H is available at Kooy Brothers located at 1919 Wilson Ave, Toronto, Ontario.
Contact Us for more information